~welcome to my world~

05 May 2010

The Rose's Dark Elegance

The lady and gentleman stroll through a field of black roses,
Their idea for a perfect date.
His pale arm plunges deep into the mass of black roses and plucks one from the glistening silver soil, hoping to find the perfect one for his morbid mate.
The arm reels back and in his grasp resides the most beautiful rose,
With petals of deep velvet and sharp, gleaming thorns.
He turns toward his lover, and gently places the rose into her straight, jet hair,
Being mindful of the rose's thorns that may pierce her.
Her ghost-pale hand raises up to touch her newest hair accessory,
Long fingers elegantly stroke the velvet petals in admiration, and soon they glide the steam of protruding thorns.
Gleaming ruby eyes of the lady lock onto the ice blue ones of the gentleman,
The beautiful rose reflecting in each other's eyes.
The lovers exchange a passionate kiss, and resume to stroll through the
Endless field of black flowers, their date never ceasing.

This is a poem I wrote in December of last year. The purpose of writing it was for my school's literary magzine (which goes on sale tomorrow! gonna pick up my copy!! :D ), and I hope that my poem is in it. It'll make me extremely happy that it is because...then I know that my poem doesn't suck. ;D

0 people surrendering to my insanity >:D: