~welcome to my world~

14 July 2010

"...this is a SMALL Coke?"



Kay, so. Just got back from the theatre-- I went to go see Avatar: The Last Airbender with Ryan and his Pennsylvanian (XD?) friend Joe.

First off, I'd like to point out that we Americans supersize the CRAP outta our food. I went to the concession stand and ordered a small (A SMALL) Coke, and I was agape when they handed me a cup that was damn near the size of my lower arm. I'm thinking, "...this is a small drink? I'd hate to see what a LARGE is...it's probably the size of a freaking BUCKET, no doubt." -_- I don't know whether $4.25 was worth it, to be honest. :/ And a cup that large was considered a "small"...it explains why America's considered "The Fat Country." We live by our reputation quite well, unfortunately.

Anyways...back to the movie:

Being a fan of the cartoon, I was kinda disappointed with how the story was portrayed. Practically everyone's name was pronounced differently than from the cartoon (Aang was said with a long "A" sound...it was REALLY annoying. -__- Same thing for Uncle EEE-ROW and SEW-KUH), the acting was stiff (especially Katara...even Aang wasn't as happy and carefree as he usually is in the cartoon), half the series was squished into one film...AND TOPH WASN'T EVEN IN IT. OMFG I WAS SO MAD. D<

...Though all in all, it's a decent film to go see in the theaters. I think if you've never seen the animated version and go and see it, it's a LOT better. XD

This doesn't have anything to do with the live-action movie, but...I wish Avatar: The Last Airbender was still on Nickelodeon. I used to really look forward to watching it and I got all excited and happy when I saw that it was on the television, but nope. Not anymore in this day-and-age. Like many of the older, kick-butt cartoons that were original, funny and just downright AWESOME, Avatar got kicked to the curb and replaced by UTTER SHIT like Fanboy and ChumChum and Back at the Barnyard. Honestly I don't think I've sat down and watched Nickelodeon in a couple years. It's just too depressing and disappointing to watch anymore. :/ Cartoon Network went down the crapper as well, unfortunately...

On another note: I noticed that all the Earth-benders in the movie were Asian. Yay~~
And on another note: Appa was pretty cute, too. ^_^ There weren't too many parts where he was seen, though.
And on yet ANOTHER note: I noticed at Hot Topic they're selling an intimidation of Katara's pendant. I would SO buy if it weren't for its crappy quality and cheap appearance. :P

0 people surrendering to my insanity >:D: